Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ag Sales

Those of you who know me well know that I was immersed in all things FFA while I was in high school (and beyond...). The FFA is an incredible organization that teaches and empowers kids to be confident and successful members of society and I am quite grateful for the experiences that I had as an FFA member. Now, as an adult, I have been given the opportunity to give back a little bit of what I have experienced and learned through the school district where I work. I truly believe that my current season at North Marion has been filled with divine intervention from the moment I first turned in m application- the fact that I one of my FFA mentors as a high-schooler is the current Ag teacher here is one reason. Joe is an incredible teacher and the kids here are lucky to be able to learn from him (as I have been doing for the last 12 years!)

This year I have gotten more involved with the FFA program at North Marion and I am dissapointed in myself that I didn't immerse myself much sooner! The kids are amazing! Just this week, we took a group of kids to Silverton to comepete in the Cascade District Ag Sales competiton. We took 11 kids total- none of which had ever had any experience in Ag Sales before! We got started in preparing them a little late (so they only had about a week of preparation) but they did AMAZING! I was ready to bust I was so proud of them! The advanced team we took placed third overall and the beginning team placed first! We had the 3rd high and the 8th high individual beginners and the 7th high individual advanced. I can't rave about these kids enough, I am so impressed with them :)

Joe asked me before we left for the competition if I was ready for it...my first time at an event as a coach. I think that being a competitor is much easier than coaching! I don't remember ever being as nervous when I was competing as I was as a coach!

I am all fired up now about the program and can't wait to get to know the kids better and help them through more events :)
Big kudos to Sid, James, Bobbo, Noah, Kayla, Chase, Robert, Kat, Garrett and Teylor! SO proud of you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment